This is an ideal opportunity intended for entrants into the legal profession and provides candidates with a unique opportunity to apply their legal knowledge in a commercial context. Practical legal experience is therefore welcomed but not necessary. You will be reporting to the Managing Director and joining an international legal team comprising of six legal professionals who are responsible for legal, regulatory and public policy support for TOPdesk legal entities based in the UK, The Netherlands and Brazil.
Reviewing legal documents relating to TOPdesk’s service management tool and ancillary services:
– Assessing the legal and commercial risks of third party supply of goods and services, software licensing, data protection and non-disclosure agreements.
– Amending such agreements to reflect concerns raised and manage or mitigate the legal and commercial risks.
Drafting contracts, policies and legal templates:
– Continuously updating existing standard contracts, policies and legal templates, including our standard software licensing, data protection, service level, re-seller, non-disclosure, novation, variation and penetration test agreements, authorisation to proceed and privacy, cookie and anti-bribery policies.
– Drafting new contracts, policies and legal templates where required.
Conducting legal research:
– Conducting legal research to accurately assess the legal and commercial risks of contracts.
– Conducting legal research to aid in statutory compliancy assessments and data protection impact assessments.
– Conducting ad hoc legal research where required.
Leading contract negotiations:
– Leading both oral and written contract negotiations with third party legal professionals as part of the review of contracts.
Collaborating with lay persons:
– Collaborating with account managers, the Managing Director, the Tender Manager and technical consultants to support the completion of contractual requirements for existing and potential clients.
– Communicating legal matters in an easily comprehensible manner to lay persons.
– Continuously creating new and updating existing legal knowledge items using our group-wide knowledge management system.
– Collaborating with the Legal Counsel based at our HQ in The Netherlands to ensure the compliancy of legal knowledge items with group-wide legal policies and procedures as well as Dutch laws and regulations.
Acting as the primary point of contact for all departments in relation to legal matters.
Secondary responsibilities as an In-House Paralegal will be:
Conducting legal training:
– Producing guidance and conducting training on the obligations of data controllers and data processors under the GDPR for inside sales and account managers.
– Maintaining and improving our existing In-House Paralegal training programme and handbook.
Reviewing legal documents relating to TOPdesk legal entities based in the UK:
-Support the Managing Director in negotiating ad hoc contracts, including lease, supply of goods and services, and hire agreements.
Collaborating with the Legal Counsel based at our HQ in The Netherlands where required and to continuously improve group-wide legal policies and procedures
Please do not cold call us or submit unsolicited candidates. When we commission an agency to conduct a candidate search, we place our vacancies on Hiring Hub. If you’d like to work with us, please go through Hiring Hub.